The list of online business ideas for stay at home moms is endless. I’m a mom too so I totally understand the need to earn an income while taking care of your kids. To be honest, I have tried quite a handful of online businesses. Some ended up as a waste of time while I made a hell of money from others.
For the purpose of this article, I am going to focus on the online businesses that have actually tried and earned some money from it. Let’s get started.
- virtual assistant: The first one on my list is virtual assistant. This is one of the perfect jobs I recommend for stay at home moms because you can set up your profile on any of the freelance websites like upwork or fiverr and start applying to jobs right away. Another option is to set up a website or social media account and start marketing your business.
How much does it cost to start a virtual assistant business?
All you need is an internet connection and a personal computer however, If you want you can go ahead and register your business, buy a domain name, and hosting. It depends on what your long term goals are.
What skill do I need to become a virtual assistant?
No two virtual assistants are the same therefore, skill varies from one VA to the next. You can take some courses online if you want but generally speaking, these are a list of basic skills a virtual assistant must possess.
- Word processing skills (Data entry and typing)
- Computer skills
- Good command of English and great writing skills
- Effective Decision Making
- Self Motivation and Discipline.
- Time management
- Sell stuff online: This is another lucrative business for stay at home moms which is very easy to start. Although it’s not exclusively online, in most cases physical goods are involved. You can start selling stuff on the likes of amazon, ebay the list is endless but if you are in Nigeria or Ghana, you should check out jiji.com. There are so many things you can sell online like hair, clothes or used household items the list is endless.
- Blogging: Is a great way to start earning an income online for moms however, it requires a lot of patience. It can take a little while to start earning tangible income from blogging because it requires a lot of traffic.
There are so many options when it comes to monetizing your blog including affiliate marketing, google adsense, selling sponsored ads, ebooks, online courses etc.
- Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing (KDP): You can self-publish eBooks and paperbacks for free with Kindle Direct Publishing and all it needs is your time, a personal computer and an internet connection. you’ll be able to self-publish your book on Amazon and begin making money within a few days.
Got a question about online business ideas for stay at home Moms? You can contact me by using the contact form or leave a comment below and I will respond as soon as I can.